[wpkg-users] Set variable according to Registry entry

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 23:21:44 CET 2017

Am 20.12.2017 um 15:42 schrieb wpkg at retepsamoht.de:

> <check  type="registry"  condition="equals"  path="|HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
> Manager\Environment|\USERLANG"  value="en"     <variable name="PKG_LANG" value="en"/>
  </check>

The problem is that the check is a sub-node of the variable node. In
addition there is a simpler way to check the value of an environment
variable. I also think that the pipe characters are incorrectly used.

I would check it this way:
<!-- code starts (watch for line wraps) -->
<variable name="PKG_LANG" value="en">
     <condition>
         <check type="host" condition="environment" value="USERLANG=^en$" />
     </condition>
</variable>
<!-- code ends -->

See the change log for further descriptions and the extended host
matching wiki page.

--
*Stefan P.*

Top-posting: