[wpkg-users] "Database Inconsistency: Package with ID x does not exist..." But it Does Exist

Dave Evans dave.evans at goodness.co.uk
Mon Nov 27 15:34:41 CET 2017

James: just to be clear
and you may have got it working by now as others have commented, but the
explanation may help
you say in the title:
""Database Inconsistency: Package with ID x does not exist..." But it
Does Exist"
it doesn't exist, hence the error :-)

you have defined in your profile that a package called "claroreadse7"
should be installed
I'm guessing that you have created a file called "claroreadse7.xml"
in that file you have created a package definition with an id of
"ClaroReadSE7.2.38"

first of all WPKG is blind to the filename of the .xml files, you could
have called it boris.xml and it would have worked just as well (or badly)
WPKG reads all the contents of all the .xml files it can find, and puts
them all together, the filenames themselves are not important.
there are only two things which need to line up:
   * the name you called it in the profile.xml file  (or a file in the
/profiles folder)
   * and the id in a package definition
so if you've called it "claroreadse7" in your profiles file:
then your package needs to start:

     <package
         id="claroreadse7"
         name="ClaroReadSE7.2.38"
         revision="1"
         reboot="false"
         priority="10">

I'm not sure if the package ID is case sensitive but I always preserve
the case - just in case.
the above should get your package working

even better style might be this:
     <package
         id="claroreadse7"
         name="ClaroReadSE"
         revision="%version%"
         reboot="false"
         priority="10">

         <variable name="version" value="7.2.38" />

then you just need to update the version line when there's a new version
to deploy, and everything just works.
the "name" is just a description, useful in reports.

by default I believe WPKG should be creating a log file in SYSTEM's
%temp% (probably c:\windows\temp) which you can inspect.
if you find and amend this line in config.xml you can force it to create
the log file in the root of c:\ on each system

         <param name='log_file_path' value='%SystemDrive%' />

the file will likely be called wpkg-[HOSTNAME].log

Happy wpkg-ing

Dave