[sheepdog-users] sheep target directory

Valerio Pachera sirio81 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 11:48:02 CEST 2013

2013/6/5 Liu Yuan <namei.unix at gmail.com>:
> I think put default directory in the /var/lib/sheepdog is bad.

I think having a start-up script is confusing ideas.
Also because we can't change the default values being hard coded.
I'm going to write down the suggestion on the guide but it may be
easier to remove the init script.
Users will simply use /etc/rc.local to start their own command or run
it manually.
This is even more true when using multy devices.

Note: I also think that running sheep automatically it's not the best idea.
We should always double check if out target directories are mounted
before run sheep.
I.E.
sheep /sheep/meta,/sheep/sda,/sheep/sdb

If sdb is not mouted, it will start writing in /, risking to stop the
cluster once / is full (usually fast).
If /sheep/meta is mount mounted, it's going to start a cluster
recovery, like the node was new.