[sheepdog-users] zookeeper and more switches

Bastian Scholz nimrodxx at gmx.de
Tue Aug 12 13:19:20 CEST 2014

Sounds like some kind of network problem...

I assume that your three switches are normal
managementable switches?

Maybe you have (an old) Spanning Tree Protocol
enabled and the disconnected Cisco leads to a
recalculation of the paths where the uplink
activity is stopped (could be verified by ping).
Had similar Problems in the past, but only with
corosync, zookeeper seems more rugged against
this kind of failure...

But when the whole Network went bad under load
it could be a bad uplink cable, bad port or a
strange switch failure... Can you reproduce the
bad behavior with other traffic (netcat for
example)?

Cheers

Bastian