[sheepdog-users] object cache questions

Valerio Pachera sirio81 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 10:53:36 CET 2014

2014-02-01 Maxim Terletskiy <terletskiy at emu.ru>:

> the reason before found that "nodiratime" is root of the evil.

Hope this information would be usefull for somebody.

Sure it  is.
Has any body else been able to reproduce this problem?
What version of sheep are you running?

Now I'm curious about object cache failover. What happen if volume with
> cache will fail? Will sheep and VMs live or will they die?

I'm also curious.
I think it's not handled as of now.
It would be good that, in case of I/O error from the cache device, sheep
disables cache (like a node md unplug).

> (I found that with restart of sheep process VMs connected to it dying)

They shouldn't, but this depends on your qemu version.
Qemu supports auto-reconnect. As soon as sheep daemon is available again,
the vm will issue their I/O requests.