[sheepdog-users] node recovery after reboot, virtual machines slow to boot

Valerio Pachera sirio81 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 10:30:37 CEST 2014

I confirm there are no problem running a guest on a rebuilding node.
Yesterday I added a node to my cluster and started 3 guests on the
rebuilding node, 3 on the second node and one on the third node.
I'm running 0.8.2 on that cluster with zookeeper, '-n' option and a
dedicated nic.

About I/O nic, make sure that all node have one.
Don't setup a mixed cluster with nodes with 1 nic and other with 2.
It doesn't cause corruption but is not well handled yet.

Atop was showing my guest receiving data at 300-400Mbit/s on the I/O nic.
Cpu used by sheep about 12%.
(This is also going to be better with 0.9 and recent processor because
of the use of isa-l library.

It may be that 0.7.5 was not that good at handling rebuild.
I recommend to use 0.8.3 or wait a bit and use 0.9.
Master branch is actually also good.