[sheepdog] [Sheepdog]Openstack support sheepdog matters?

harryxiyou harryxiyou at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 04:15:41 CET 2013

Hi Morita, Liu and other developers,

Nowadays, I find openstack support sheepdog but there may have no docs
about this feature. Fortunately, i catch Morita's commit logs about
how openstack
support sheepdog(http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~morita-kazutaka/nova/sheepdog/changes)
.
Therefore, i also have following questions.

1, Why do Morita only modify  Openstack Nova but Openstack
Swift/Cinder(Or other part) to
support sheepdog?

2, In order to let Openstack support sheepdog, we can depend on Iscsi
or libvirt&qemu. But
Morita choose to depend on libvirt&qemu. I am not sure the details
differences between them.
Why Iscsi do not fit us?

3, We just modify some Openstack codes to support sheepdog? Have we
also modify sheepdog
codes to support Openstack? I cannot find we change sheepdog stuffs to
support openstack, right?

Could anyone please give me some suggestions about my questions?
Thanks in advance ;-)

--
Thanks
Harry Wei