[sheepdog] [Sheepdog]Openstack support sheepdog matters?

harryxiyou harryxiyou at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 05:28:42 CET 2013

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 10:47 PM, MORITA Kazutaka
<morita.kazutaka at gmail.com> wrote:
> At Thu, 17 Jan 2013 21:24:58 +0800,
[...]
> What is the better way to attach volumes to QEMU?  It seems that Nova
> uses libvirt to attach iSCSI volumes too.

But if the way Nova uses libvirt to attach ISCSI volumes has some
relationships with
Sheepdog volumes? The ISCSI volumes are realized by Openstack or Sheepdog?

> I don't understand what you mean by "iSCSI way".  What commands or
> APIs are you using to attach iSCSI volumes?

Now, we use libvirt/qemu to let Openstack support Sheepdog like this
Openstack ------> libvirt/qemu -------> Sheepdog.
(libvirt/qemu is the bridge between Openstack and Sheepdog).

And my question is if we can use ISCSI to be the bridge betwwen Openstack and
Sheepdog like this
Openstack ------> ISCSI --------->Sheepdog. By this way, we can let
Openstack support
Sheepdog. Have you understood my ideas ?

--
Thanks
Harry Wei