[sheepdog] [Sheepdog]Openstack support sheepdog matters?

harryxiyou harryxiyou at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 07:00:35 CET 2013

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 12:28 PM, harryxiyou <harryxiyou at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 10:47 PM, MORITA Kazutaka
> <morita.kazutaka at gmail.com> wrote:
>> At Thu, 17 Jan 2013 21:24:58 +0800,
> [...]
>>
>> What is the better way to attach volumes to QEMU?  It seems that Nova
>> uses libvirt to attach iSCSI volumes too.
>>
> But if the way Nova uses libvirt to attach ISCSI volumes has some
> relationships with
> Sheepdog volumes? The ISCSI volumes are realized by Openstack or Sheepdog?
>

>> I don't understand what you mean by "iSCSI way".  What commands or
>> APIs are you using to attach iSCSI volumes?
>>
> Now, we use libvirt/qemu to let Openstack support Sheepdog like this
> Openstack ------> libvirt/qemu -------> Sheepdog.
> (libvirt/qemu is the bridge between Openstack and Sheepdog).
>
> And my question is if we can use ISCSI to be the bridge betwwen Openstack and
> Sheepdog like this
> Openstack ------> ISCSI --------->Sheepdog. By this way, we can let
> Openstack support
> Sheepdog. Have you understood my ideas ?

I find they, emc volumes, lvm, Netapp, IBM Svc and Zadara Virtual
Private Storage
Array,  are all use ISCSI to be the bridge to make drivers to let
Openstack support
them. You can see their driver files here:
https://github.com/openstack/cinder/tree/master/cinder/volume/drivers

Therefore, it seems they are all not open source projects, which
belong to companies.
So i can not get their source codes and may not study ISCSI way well.
Morita, cloud
you please give me some suggestions?

--
Thanks