[wpkg-users] Putting log files on samba server.

Paweł Dębski pp.debski at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 15:46:49 CEST 2006

2006/4/23, sbotsford <sbotsford at sjsa.ab.ca>:
> Samba share:
>
> [wpkglog]
>          comment = Log location for windows packager
>          path = /Installers/wpkg/logs
>          browseable = no
>          writeable = yes
>          guest ok = yes

[...]

> So now my wpkg start file looks like this:
>
> set INST=\\conan\Installers
> set WPKG=\\conan\Installers\wpkg
> set LOG=\\conan\wpkglog
> set DLL=C:\winnt\system32
> set HDWRINSP=\\conan\installers\Hardware\Inspiron1300
>
> net use L: %LOG%
>
> cscript %WPKG%\wpkg.js /synchronize /debug /nonotify >
> L:\%COMPUTERNAME%.log

You can also make a package with execute=always which copies the
wpkg.xml file to server. You will know what packages are installed and
you'll be able to parse and compare wpkg.xml files from different
machines.
There could be many example of logging packages. You can get output of
systeminfo or net command, firewall configuration and so on... It's
very nice for controlling terminal without visiting it.