[wpkg-users] Putting log files on samba server.

Jerry Haltom wasabi at larvalstage.net
Tue Apr 25 07:12:41 CEST 2006

When I first put together wpkg, I had a need for this. However, after
about 10 minutes of thought I realized this was just the wrong place for
it. There are tools out there, right now, commercial and free, for
aggregating windows NT event logs. There is ntsyslog, which forwards all
event logs to a syslog server. There's a lot of really nice commercial
ones.

These have other benefits, such as seeing more than wpkg. Wpkg, imo,
should use the Windows-sanctified logging mechanism, and the event log
API is it.

my two cents.