[wpkg-users] can't copy??

Peter Hartmann ascensiontech at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 20:08:13 CEST 2007

This works locally from command line but not from wpkg:

copy /Y "\\server\wpkg\software\icons\icons\Internet Explorer.lnk"
"%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Desktop"

in packages.xml

<install cmd='copy /Y "\\server\wpkg\software\icons\Internet
Explorer.lnk" "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Desktop" ' />

At first I thought it wasn't getting the %SOFTWARE% environment var.
so  I removed it.  Any ideas why I'm getting "the system cannot find
the file specified?"

Thanks,
Peter

ps

In case you're wondering: my package gets rid of the IE shortcuts on
the desktop and quick launch for users and replaces them with IE
shortcuts that start Firefox instead. (in case they forget that
running IE is dangerous)

wpkg-users mailing list
wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org