[wpkg-users] WPKG Client and laptop

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed Aug 22 14:56:37 CEST 2007

Richard de Vos schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I have a question, i want to start using the WPKG Client install because
> i love the Delayed Login feature.
>
> But how can i handle laptop users which aren't connected all the time.
>
> When they are out of the office i don't want them to need  wait 10
> minutes before they can login.

WPKG Client uses standard system methods to connect to remote servers.

A similar problem was discussed a while ago in "WPKG Client 1.0-rc1 has
been released" thread, you may check that for some more info.

Basically, if you have a timeout of 10 minutes, but can't connect to the
server, you will be delayed by about 1 minute if you use IP addresses
(\\10.1.1.1\blah), and about 30 seconds if you use names (\\server\blah).