[wpkg-users] WPKG Client and laptop

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed Aug 22 16:42:01 CEST 2007

Richard de Vos schrieb:
> Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
>> Richard de Vos schrieb:

>>> That is strange because i have a time out of 10 minutes and when i
>>> remove my netwerk cable, i takes 10 minutes before i get my login prompt.
>> Was the laptop started with the cable removed?
>>

> Yes i removed te cable before i started the machine so that i can see
> how it would work for a user at home or anywhere.

In that case, how long does it take to execute (it will fail, but how
long will it take to fail?) such a command from cmd.exe after you can
finally log in?

    net use \\192.168.45.46\share /user:domain\username

Substitute the IP with the correct on, and later, the server name with
the correct one.

Also, it would be interesting to look in the Event Viewer, and to see
how long it took for each step of WPKG service to complete/fail.