[wpkg-users] Wrapper hints...

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri Apr 11 20:34:29 CEST 2008

Jens Geile schrieb:

(...)

>> BTW, your mail client keeps sending email to wpkg-users-bounces at lists...
>> and I receive duplicate "Uncaught bounce notification" messages then. Is
>> your mail client configured correctly (or is it Mailman's fault)?
> I'm simply clicking "Answer to all"...
>
> The last message from you contained these entries in the header:
>
> From: Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at wpkg.org>
> Sender: wpkg-users-bounces at lists.wpkg.org
> To: Marco Gaiarin <gaio at sv.lnf.it>
> Cc: wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org
> Subject: Re: [wpkg-users] Wrapper hints...
>
> The message this is an answer to has this in the header:
>
> From: Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at wpkg.org>
> To: Jens Geile <jens.geile at mzbs.de>
> Cc: Marco Gaiarin <gaio at sv.lnf.it>, wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org
> Subject: Re: [wpkg-users] Wrapper hints...
>
> See the "Sender:" line of the first message...

I *think* your mail client's behaviour is incorrect as the "Sender:"
header is for MTAs only.

Here are some hints about it, although I didn't find it a must or
mustn't item.

In "Internet Message Format"[1] (RFC 2822) one can read:

    If a reply is sent to a message
    that has destination fields, it is often desirable to send a copy of
    the reply to all of the recipients of the message, in addition to the
    author.  When such a reply is formed, addresses in the "To:" and
    "Cc:" fields of the original message MAY appear in the "Cc:" field of
    the reply, since these are normally secondary recipients of the
    reply.  If a "Bcc:" field is present in the original message,
    addresses in that field MAY appear in the "Bcc:" field of the reply,
    but SHOULD NOT appear in the "To:" or "Cc:" fields.

See also point "3.6.2. Originator fields" in that RFC.

"A.2.  ORIGINATOR ITEMS" in RFC822[2]:

         George Jones logs in as Jones on his  host.   His  secre-
         tary,  who logs in as Secy sends mail for him.  Replies to the
         mail should go to George.

             From:    George Jones <Jones at Group>
             Sender:  Secy at Other-Group

[1] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2822.txt