[wpkg-users] WPKG client 1.2.1 oddities..

Manny manny at cse.concordia.ca
Wed Aug 6 21:08:54 CEST 2008

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Manny schrieb:
>> Tomasz:
>>
>> One thing I did notice in the Event Viewer different from when I
>> install using our working test WPKG server is that there is no WSH
>> entry.  Everything looks normal up until you are supposed to see a
>> few WSH entries, one for the failed .exe file check tests to see if
>> the software is installed and then the entry that tells you that the
>> software is being installed.
>>
>> Does that give you any clue?
>
> See http://wpkg.org/FAQ - point 1 (enable logging for wpkg.js, see
> what it does etc.).

So I just ran from the command line this:

net use N: \\filer-software\winrip\RIS /user:filer-software\ntread
"!aut0mat1K"

then:

cscript \\filer-software\winrip\RIS\wpkg.js /synchronize /debug

No errors reported, read from packages.xml fine and listed all the
packages inside it, also listed the profile the machine I am testing
with is a part of  but no software installation.  I can't enable logging
on the server side because we are still using version 0.9.8 but so is
the test server that is working.  We need to upgrade to v1.0 + to get
the logging going..

I also updated the client to 1.3.5 and same symptoms prevail.  Will look
at the network now and see what is going on there.

Frustrating problem..

Manny