[wpkg-users] Confused :)

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed Jan 16 13:59:33 CET 2008

Simon Walters schrieb:
> Hello
>
> I'm a simple primary school technician who uses wpkg to deploy software
> in schools with no proper server (I just use Win98 machines as file
> servers) and I find it very useful.
>
> I find it very difficult to follow discussions on these mailing lists
> and I wonder if

Why do you find it hard to follow discussions?

> 1)    Is there a good mail program for this job (I use OE)

Any program would be fine, provided it's configured properly.

Why you send emails in HTML format, anyway?

Try using Thunderbird instead.

> 2)    Is there someone with skills/bandwidth available to host a
> normal forum instead?

I don't find "forums" normal, but it's just my opinion.

> 3)    When will V1 go live and will someone be kind enough to
> publish some simple instructions on how to upgrade a bog
> standard V0.9 with separate hosts/profiles/packages files. :)

You mean WPKG 1.0? It should be available by the end of this month if
there are no serious bugs found.

Upgrading is just copying wpkg.js file (and perhaps reviewing settings
in config.xml) - nothing special needs to be done.