[wpkg-users] Client question 2

simon.begin at institutsmq.qc.ca simon.begin at institutsmq.qc.ca
Fri Aug 14 16:44:06 CEST 2009

We have +/- 1000PCs, If we deploy a small package (ex: Java 1.6) it's OK
at boot or at logon.
But if it is Office 2007, we 'd like to have it installed overnight, or we
will load up the network and freeze clients for (maybe) hours in the
morning.

Is there a way to make the WPKG client service to "wake up" at a defined
interval, like every x hours after boot-up? or better a random time
between x and y hours?

Is there developpement planned on the client that will add this feature?

Simon Bégin
Analyste en informatique
Infrastructure et technologies
Institut universitaire en santé mentale de Québec
Tél: (418) 663-5000 poste 6399
Avant d’imprimer, pensez «Environnement»