[wpkg-users] Updated Tools for wpkg

Pendl Stefan stefan.pendl at haidlmair.at
Fri Aug 7 18:53:46 CEST 2009

> Output as HTML why not.
>
> To keep the clean design I first would replace the excel class by
> a generic output provider abstract baseclass. Then you could implement
> different output formats by inheriting from it without changing
> anything in the code.
>
> Any suggestions for html formating?
> Do it by an external css file referenced from it or by including css
> in one html file? The first approach give the user the ability
> ot change appearance after the files has been created, but you
> end up having two files.

The initial HTML formatting should be as used by your current Excel solution, simple table with headings.
In addtion I would suggest to have different colors for different states.

Example:

Installed ... Nothing (may be add option to not show this at all)
Missing ..... Red
Upgrade ..... Yellow
Downgrade ... Orange
To Remove ... Brown

Those colors should be customizable via CSS, where the external CSS file is a good option.

Since the JS file will be located in the tools subfolder, I would go the root to check for the wpkg.js file, which has a fixed location.
This way the root wpkg folder would be kept as small as possible.

---
Stefan