[wpkg-users] Updated Tools for wpkg

Pendl Stefan stefan.pendl at haidlmair.at
Wed Aug 12 18:05:24 CEST 2009

> > Output as HTML why not.
> >
> > To keep the clean design I first would replace the excel class by
> > a generic output provider abstract baseclass. Then you
> could implement
> > different output formats by inheriting from it without changing
> > anything in the code.
> >
> > Any suggestions for html formating?
> > Do it by an external css file referenced from it or by including css
> > in one html file? The first approach give the user the ability
> > ot change appearance after the files has been created, but you
> > end up having two files.
> >

> The initial HTML formatting should be as used by your current
> Excel solution, simple table with headings.
> In addtion I would suggest to have different colors for
> different states.
>
> Example:
>
> Installed ... Nothing (may be add option to not show this at all)
> Missing ..... Red
> Upgrade ..... Yellow
> Downgrade ... Orange
> To Remove ... Brown
>
> Those colors should be customizable via CSS, where the
> external CSS file is a good option.
>
> Since the JS file will be located in the tools subfolder, I
> would go the root to check for the wpkg.js file, which has a
> fixed location.
> This way the root wpkg folder would be kept as small as possible.

The following batch file can be used to run the .JS file, when it is located in %WPKG_ROOT%\tools\3rd-party\wpkg-create-report:

REM ---code start (watch for line wraps)
@echo off
echo.

set scriptdir=%~dp0

cd /d %scriptdir%\..\..\..

echo Checking installed applications ...
cscript.exe "%scriptdir%\createReport.js" -createStateColumn

echo.
pause
REM ---code end

---