[wpkg-users] Applying registry entry to all users (HKCU)

Jon Rhoades jrhoades at svi.edu.au
Thu Nov 18 00:31:39 CET 2010

Hi,

We need to force encryption between Outlook & Exchange as it's being updated to 2010. The recommended way is to apply a Group policy, but since we have Samba...

The registry key we need to set is:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\RPC\EnableRPCEncryption with a DWORD value of 1.

I would normally do something like:
<install cmd='reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\RPC /v "EnableRPCEncryption" /d "1" /t REG_DWORD /f' />

But of course this is applied to the WPKG admin account's HKCU registry hive, not the user(s).

Is there a way of adding it to all users registry hive?

Regards Jon

--
Jon Rhoades
Research Information Systems

St Vincent's Institute
9 Princes St Fitzroy Vic 3065
p: 03 9288 2480 | x: 2399 | f: 03 9416 2676

www.stv.unimelb.edu.au
www.svi.edu.au