[wpkg-users] Exclude a computer

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue Dec 20 16:32:18 CET 2011

Hi,

On 20.12.2011 15:57, Bruno CHOQUET wrote:
> I have already done. But it 's complicate because i have two profiles :
>
> - one profile with 29 tools for "TOTO" computer (without Foxit)
> - one profile with 30 tools for ALL OTHER COMPUTERS
>
> But, when i add, change, remove a package, i must to change two profiles : it's
> not a good method for me...

Why not using a profile dependency?

Create a "base" profile

<profile id='base'>
	<package .... />
	<!-- all your 29 packages -->
</profile>

Then create your CommonTools and CommonToolsToto profiles:

<profile id='CommonTools'>
	<depends profile-id='base' />
	<package package-id='Foxit' />
</profile>

<profile id='CommonToolsToto'>
	<depends profile-id='base' />
</profile>

Then just assign CommonToolsToto to your TOTO host, and ComonTools to all other
hosts.

Of course you could also directly assign 'base' to TOTO.

Note: Renaming profiles assigned does not have any effect on package
installation. Just assigning the same package via different profiles does not
trigger re-install or similar actions. So feel free to re-arrange your profile
structure the way you like it.