[wpkg-users] Strange behavior of WPKG Client

chiddie claudio.ghirardi at geniaware.com
Wed Dec 21 15:39:41 CET 2011

Falko Trojahn-2 wrote:

> Yes, sure. If it is not - perhaps the wpkg run via wpkgservice tries
>   to deinstall wpkg_client (if there are "remove" cmds in), and the
> domain startup script (if it comes later) reinstalls wpkg client again.
>
> Good luck,
> Falko

I disabled the starup script and commented the <remove cmd> line of the
WPKG_Client package in order to see is something changed, but

I have one (last?) issue: the startup script (both wpkg.js method and
install.cmd method with the if line) does not start on my 4 Windows XP x64
machines (the Win 7/Ultimate x64 are fine).

The error on the target machine is always:

====================================
Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	UserInit
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	1000
Date:		20/12/2011
Time:		18.07.51
User:		N/A
Computer:	PCNAME
Could not execute the following script \\serverip\WPKG\software\WPKG
Client\wpkg_client_install.cmd. Access is denied.

Have you ever experienced this? I thought it could be a permission issue,
but why the windows 7 machines can run the script, then? They have the same
permissions of the XP ones (all are domain computers).

I understand this is probably a Windows issue, since the error is generated
regardless the type of script, i only wanted to know if you may have a clue
or not.