[wpkg-users] Variables %SOFTWARE% without wpkg client

Malte Starostik malte at malte.homeip.net
Thu May 19 11:01:24 CEST 2011

Am Donnerstag, 19. Mai 2011, 09:15:45 schrieb LAPLAUD François:
> Hello,
>

> I am using WPKG.js from a scheduled task. I don't want to use WPKG Client.
>
> Is there a way to use %SOFTWARE% variable in package.xml ? From all I have
> read it seems to be declared in settings.xml wich seems to be related to
> WPKG Client.
>

> Could I make a declaration in an external xml file like config.xml ?

One of many possibilities:

    <profile id="env">
        <variable name="WPKG_ROOT" value="..."/>
        <variable name="TOOLS" value="...s"/>
        <variable name="SOFTWARE" value=..."/>
    </profile>

and assign the "env" profile to all hosts - either directly in each <host>
element or by inclusion into every other profile.

Alternatively, you could call wpkg.js from a cmd or js wrapper script that
sets the variable before - it's just an env var after all.

Regards,
Malte