[wpkg-users] issue with 1.2.1-RC25?

Brent A Nelson brent at phys.ufl.edu
Thu Oct 20 19:23:30 CEST 2011

I just tried the latest Flash Player installer, "Combined 32-bit and
64-bit Windows package for both, IE and others" with 1.2.1-RC25, but it
has a variable which refers to another variable at:

<variable name="PKG_SOURCE"           value="%SOFTWARE%\Flash Player" />

(Actually, I change it to just "%SOFTWARE%\flash")

Unfortunately, this didn't work in my case.  It seems that WPKG did the
PKG_SOURCE variable substitution, but it did not do the further
substitution of SOFTWARE, so the commands failed (file not found).
Replacing PKG_SOURCE throughout the script worked fine.

Is this supposed to work, or was it just that the package creator had his
SOFTWARE variable defined differently (perhaps outside of WPKG), and
"double substitutions" for variables within WPKG are supposed to fail?

Thanks,

Brent Nelson
Director of Computing
Dept. of Physics