[wpkg-users] issue with 1.2.1-RC25?

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 19:33:34 CEST 2011

> I just tried the latest Flash Player installer, "Combined 32-bit and
> 64-bit Windows package for both, IE and others" with
> 1.2.1-RC25, but it
> has a variable which refers to another variable at:
>
> <variable name="PKG_SOURCE"           value="%SOFTWARE%\Flash
> Player" />
>
> (Actually, I change it to just "%SOFTWARE%\flash")
>
> Unfortunately, this didn't work in my case.  It seems that
> WPKG did the
> PKG_SOURCE variable substitution, but it did not do the further
> substitution of SOFTWARE, so the commands failed (file not found).
> Replacing PKG_SOURCE throughout the script worked fine.
>
> Is this supposed to work, or was it just that the package
> creator had his
> SOFTWARE variable defined differently (perhaps outside of WPKG), and
> "double substitutions" for variables within WPKG are supposed to fail?

The author is speaking now ;-)

Where did you define the SOFTWARE variable?

The SOFTWARE variable is usually defined at the system level, by the WPKG client or inside the script run by a scheduled task.
This means it is defined before wpkg.js is executed.
This has always worked.

Now with v1.2.1-RC25 it is possible to use variables defined inside of packages as long as they are defined before their first
usage.

So we would really need to know how your environment is set up.
It would be helpful to get a debug log file to investigate.

---
Stefan