[wpkg-users] Error 1722 installing client 1.3.14 on Win7-x64

neilr8133 hd6z9jmmjs at snkmail.com
Sun Apr 15 03:33:44 CEST 2012

Good [morning|afternoon|evening],

Trying to install client 1.3.14 (x64 or x86, I get errors with both) on Win7 x64 and I'm getting Error 1722.

* I am running the installer as the Admin (and only user on this machine; there is no option to `Run as administrator')
* Command-line:
   msiexec /le wpkg_error.txt /i WPKG_Client_1.3.14-x64.msi
* Options selected during installation: (all default; also tried custom install path, didn't make a difference)
* On-screen error message:
   ``You must have an administrative privilege to run this tool.''
* Log output (excerpt):
Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.  Action _A9459942_EE79_497A_9080_F39DDA8A7B80, location: C:\Program Files\wpkg\wpkginst.exe, command: --SETTINGSFILE=

I did some searches for the action as well as the error and I found [1] which suggests it's a misconfigured `build' setting, but I assume someone else would have discovered that before now.  (I also thought I had used that same x86 binary to install onto two other systems, but I can't swear to it.)

[1] http://lists.wpkg.org/pipermail/wpkg-users/2008-August/003721.html

I tried re-downloading but both copies have sha1 2e6e23f66c0ee0975910d5bee8a98e3c5044014f so it doesn't appear to be a corrupt download.

Any suggestions as to what I'm missing would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Neil