[wpkg-users] Package still installed...

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue Jan 10 19:03:03 CET 2012

Hi Marco,

On 10.01.2012 18:49, Marco Gaiarin wrote:
> Some other trigger a disinstallation of previous version and an
> installation of the newer ones, while the disinstallation suffer from
> the classical ''fork'' problem of NSIS.
> Symptoms are that WPKG say ''check failed after upgrade'' but software
> are correctly installed (because the installation continue in
> background, and normally works).
>
> Normally i solve that situation doing, on upgrade, a disinstallation of
> the previous one in a start "" /wait jail (with or without the _?
> option, it depends), and then an installation.

For most NSIS-based applications I do not even bother about previously removing
the old version as most installers handle "upgrades" correctly if there is
already a version of the software installed.

Just for real remove it's often headache. But the script I posted helps in many
cases as the uninstaller forks and then removes itself at the end. So waiting
for it to disappear is usually fine.