[wpkg-users] Deploying Adobe Reader to be Default Web Viewer

Urs Rau (UK) urs.rau at om.org
Mon Jan 30 08:23:44 CET 2012

Mikhail,

On 30 Jan 2012, at 03:28, Mikhail Joseph Salviejo wrote:

> Good day Guys,
>
> I having a little bit trouble with Adobe Reader 9 and X.
> After deploying them to our computers (Win XP for Adobe 9, and Win 7
> for Adobe X)
>
> They can't seem to open pdf files via web that has no extension like this
>
> http://design.rldp.com/wiwi/543asdls&1231adf (uploaded in mysql)

Are you sure this issue is wpkg related? If you install Adobe Reader by hand , does it then open up the above mentioned files? If you have the same problem then this is not wpkg related.

If you have control of the webserver config that serves those files you might be able to resolve it making sure the web server either serves them with the extension pdf or else make sure it sends the right http mime content headers so the browser knows to call on Adobe Reader to read them.

Regards,

--
Urs Rau

  Operation Mobilisation (OM) - a company limited by guarantee - The Quinta, Weston Rhyn, Oswestry, SY10 7LT, United Kingdom
  Company reg no: 2564320 (England & Wales) - Charity reg. no: 1008196 (England & Wales) - SC040988 (Scotland)
  Web: http://www.uk.om.org