[wpkg-users] Still WPKG users around?

Andreas Habel andreas.habel at uis.no
Thu Aug 23 09:54:34 CEST 2018

Hi,

just to answer the question in the subject -- we've been using WPKG for a couple of years now, starting with a couple of packages for software that regularly needs updates, like Flash, browsers etc. Today we have about 150 "active" packages that are deployed to ca. 100 lab and office PCs. We mainly use WPKG in a nightly run; PCs that are not running are booted via BIOS. The WPKG service is started as a scheduled task; those PCs that cannot be booted via BIOS startup and for virtual machines we use WPKG-GP.

Andreas

--
Andreas Habel
Geosciences | Unix network