[wpkg-users] WPKG Client 1.2rc6 service doesnt install or start (XP SP2)

Phil Burrow philburrow at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jan 11 00:53:12 CET 2008

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

> In particular, try:
>
> cd %PROGRAMFILES%\wpkg\
> WPKGsrv.exe /install
>
> WPKGsrv.exe /debug
>

> And tell what happened (Event Log entries, etc.).

OK I have found what appears to be at least one of the main issues.

Within the client I entered the username to access the network as
"wpkg". Testing this showed OK using the test feature.

However the service would not start and returned the error in my

I changed the user to "DOMAIN\wpkg". The service will now start.

The problem still remains that the installer did not install the service
though (but WPKGSrv.exe /install worked fine).

WPKGSrv.exe /debug still does the same thing as posted previously.

Phil