[wpkg-users] wpkgCreateReport Update

Malte Starostik malte at malte.homeip.net
Sat Aug 22 12:16:59 CEST 2009

Hello Mark,

Am Freitag, 21. August 2009 20:44:03 schrieb Mark Nienberg:
> grubi wrote:
> > Download and user manual can be found at:
> > http://www.gig-mbh.de/edv/software/wpkgtools/wpkg-create-report-english.h
> >tm
>
> The user manual says:
>
> "The prerequisite is that you have copied the wpkg.xml file of every client
> to a central directory, carrying the name of the computer it originates
> from. This can easily be achieved by appending something like the following
> command line at the end of the script file you are calling wpkg from."
>
> What is the best way to do this if you are using the wpkg-client service to
> call wpkg?  I'm guessing that maybe it should be listed in the "Advanced"
> section under "Execute After". In that case, does anyone know which
> user/passwd combination will be used to execute the command?  I'd like to
> be sure that user actually has write privileges in the share that will hold
> the xml files.

in the client, you can configure a command to execute after wpkg.js (Variable,
actions -> Execute after).  There you can put sth. like
cmd /c copy /y "%SystemRoot%\system32\wpkg.xml"
\\host\share\%COMPUTERNAME%.xml

Mybe you need the testing version of the client for that - see
http://www1.wpkg.org/files/client/beta/test/2009-01-24/
Then you need to somehow setup the connection to the share, one IMHO very
clean way to do this with the above testing version is to check "Path, users
_> Use computer account and password" and grant the group "Domain Computers"
read permission on the share(s) containing WPKG and SOFTWARE and write
permissions on the share referenced in the above copy command.  This way there
is no need to save some user's password for WPKG to run.

HTH,
Malte