[wpkg-users] TrueCrypt again...

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Thu May 13 10:00:08 CEST 2010

I need to deploy TrueCrypt, and this seems a non-trivial task...

1) TrueCrypt authors seems totally irresponsive to make a silent
 install or a standard (better MSI) one. Look at TC forums, some reply
are very astonishing... boh...

2) but TC installer do a very easy thing: copy .sys files and .exe
 files in respective directory and setup the service with .sys.
Docs say that and also a manual registry diff before and after the
installation confirm that.

3) so a solution like the manual service install proposed by Brian May
 seems suffice:
	http://lists.wpkg.org/pipermail/wpkg-users/2009-September/005713.html

I'm not very used to work woth drivers, so my fear with this approach
are on upgrade: i can simply copy over the old .sys the new one? Even
if i use full disk encryption?

Googling around, a good approach would be:

a) with a repackager, create an MSI file, for example:
	http://www.doitrightconsulting.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=94

someone have feedback on this .msi?

b) create simply a .inf file and install the driver via DPInst:
	http://www.msigeek.com/285/creating-installation-for-device-driver-applications-using-dpinst

but the method proposed (install manually and get .inf file from
%WINDOR%\inf\ folder) does not work because again the TC installer
install the driver manually.

Someone have some experience and tools on building a .inf file so i can
use DPInst to install/upgrade TC, or can point me to relevant links?
I've found:
	http://www.appdeploy.com/messageboards/tm.asp?m=4596

but the second link seems dead...

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin				    GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

	   http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/chi_siamo/5xmille.php