[wpkg-users] Copy directories and files with WPKG

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 13:50:08 CET 2012

Am 12.01.2012 10:54, schrieb Jurij M.:
> Hi, group.
>
> I have a problem when trying to deploy some old windows software (made for Win
> 98)with WPKG. All it is needed is to copy a folder with files ad subfolders from
> shared folder to local computer and put a shortcut to public desktop.
>
> I tried with xcopy and robocopy. Both are working fine from local computer, but
> not with WPKG.

Both ways result in massive output to the console window when run
interactively, so you need to redirect the output into a log file or to
the NUL device.

Instead of:

>   <install cmd='%COMSPEC% /c robocopy ...'>

Use the following:

<!--code start (watch for line wraps)-->

<install cmd='%COMSPEC% /c robocopy ... >NUL'>

<!--code end-->

This is true for XCOPY too.

There is a bug in WSH which crashes it if there is too much output to
the console window.

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting: