[wpkg-users] WPKG(GP) under Windows 10 Pro (1511)

Nils Thiele it.service.kultur at uni-hamburg.de
Wed Jul 6 14:26:48 CEST 2016

Hi,
Thanks for testing this.
So the system is connected to an AD Domain?
Because im using this on a standalone System with only local group
policies and i havent set anything manually, the installer should do
everything needed.

Maybe i try to add those settings to the local gpo and see if this
changes anything or try a clean install of windows 10, currently the
system was updated from windows 7 but wpkg-gp wasnt installed before the
upgrade.

Best Regards,
Nils

Am 06.07.2016 um 11:15 schrieb Ingo Arndt:
> Hi,
>
> I have updated to Windows 10 Pro 1511 and WPKG-GP is still working
> fine on boot.
>
> For my machines managed by wpkg-gp I have a gpo with the settings
> (sry..german & html):
>
> Richtlinien
> Administrative Vorlagen
> System/Energieverwaltung/Schaltflächeneinstellungen
> Richtlinie 	Einstellung 	Kommentar
> Aktion für Standbyschalter auswählen (Netzbetrieb) 	Aktiviert
> Aktion für Standbyschalter 	Keine Aktion durchführen
>
> Richtlinie 	Einstellung 	Kommentar
> Netzschalteraktion auswählen (Netzbetrieb) 	Aktiviert
> Netzschalteraktion 	Herunterfahren
>

> WPKG
> Richtlinie 	Einstellung 	Kommentar
> Enabling WPKG-GP Software Installation 	Aktiviert
> WPKG command path 	cscript \\<myserverip>\wpkg\wpkg.js /synchronize
> /quiet /sendStatus
> Disable 	No
>
> Richtlinie 	Einstellung 	Kommentar
> Wpkg-GP Logging settings 	Aktiviert
> WPKG-gp Verbosity 	1
>
> Richtlinie 	Einstellung 	Kommentar
> Wpkg-GP Misc Settings 	Aktiviert
> Maximum consecutive Reboots 	4
> WPKG-gp Reboot Policy 	Force
> Allow execution by non-admins 	Yes
> Allow execution by normal users 	Yes
> Show an activity indicator 	Yes
>
> Richtlinie 	Einstellung 	Kommentar
> Wpkg-GP Network Connection Settings 	Aktiviert
> Wpkg-GP Network Username 	wpkg
> Wpkg-GP Network Password 	<mywpkguserpassword>
>

> System
> Richtlinie 	Einstellung 	Kommentar
> Äußerst detaillierte Statusmeldungen anzeigen 	Aktiviert
>

> Some of these settings are overridden by the local Wpkg-gp.ini file:
>
> [WpkgConfig]
> TestConnectionHost = <myserverip>
>
> [EnvironmentVariables]
> SOFTWARE = \\<myserverip>\wpkg
>

> Regards,
> Ingo
>
> Am 05.07.2016 um 15:51 schrieb Ingo Arndt:
>> Hi,
>>
>> oh I just discovered that my system is stuck on Build 10240.
>> I'll update and report back if wpkg-gp still works for me afterwards.
>>

>> Am 30.06.2016 um 16:22 schrieb Nils Thiele:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I just tried 0.17 again and atleast pipeclient is working but it still
>>> wont execute at system start.
>>>
>>> Fastboot is definatly disabled and even if not it should still work for
>>> reboots but no luck.
>>>
>>> Which version of windows 10 are you using?
>>>
>>> Any other ideas what i could try?

IT-Support - Fachbereich 09 Kulturgeschichte und Kulturkunde
Universität Hamburg
Flügelbau West, R. 204
Edmund-Siemers-Allee 1
D-20146 Hamburg