[sheepdog-users] object cache questions

Valerio Pachera sirio81 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 17:32:13 CET 2014

2014-02-05 Maxim Terletskiy <terletskiy at emu.ru>:

> What type of cache are you using(wb/wt)? Are you using ssd for object
> cache in raid1/10 or as separate disks/raid0?

I have a ssd disk to test with and my target is to have a ssd disk for each
node.
I've been testing object cache but I'm not using it in production yet.
The last time I've been testing I noticed lower performance than I expected
but I need to test more before report that to the list to be sure it's not
related to my settings.
BTW: I can tell you that with a slow cpu you can't enjoy all the speed an
ssd can offer.

Have you dealt with cache device failure?

No. This is something I didn't try yet.
I tried to simulate the fail of the whole node using cache.
If it can't be started again, the cached data are lost.
This is my main concern in using object cache.