[Sheepdog] Sheepdog initial performance

Fernando Frediani (Qube) fernando.frediani at qubenet.net
Thu Jul 21 11:00:20 CEST 2011

Hi Kazutaka,

Is it ok to use a Raid controller with battery backup and write-cache enabled in order to improve performance and present only one logical drive to sheepdog process ?

In another slightly different topic, when a new image is created on sheedog (e.g: qemu-img create sheepdog:Alice 256G") does do in a similar format of QCOW2 or is it RAW ? Reason I am asking is because I was reading recently about the issue regarding performance for QCOW2. It seems the new driver has got some improvements but still not near of RAW so if that can influence when running on sheepdog.

Thanks

Fernando