[wpkg-users] Wpkg behaviour.

sbotsford sbotsford at sjsa.ab.ca
Thu Apr 20 22:49:07 CEST 2006

Suppose I install a package that makes no edits to the registry, and
no install.  So I create a check condition that depends on a file.
And the revision version is 1.

Next Tuesday I get a new version of the program, and the file remains
the same.

I update the revision number in packages, and point the install and
upgrade commands to the appropraite ones.

Now what happens:
A: Wpkg sees the file, since the file exists the new version doesn't
install.

B:  Wpkg sees that the settings file says revision 1 and
the packages file says revision 2 and does the upgrade command.