[wpkg-users] Make Firefox the default browser?

Matt Miller mmiller at solutionsforprogress.com
Wed Apr 26 18:32:36 CEST 2006

This is for when you want to run Firefox, not install it...
Creating a shortcut that runs that command won't work either. The users
are running as user, not as administrator, and can't change the default
browser.
I think I'm going to have to go through the registry. I'll have a peak
at the file you posted. I'll post whatever I figure out to the wiki and
list.

Paul Griffith wrote:
> Give this a try, I have not tried it my self.....
>
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Setting_Your_Default_Browser
>
> Force Firefox to make itself the default
>
> If Firefox already thinks that it is default, exit Firefox completely,
> go to "Start Menu -> Run" and enter this into the text box:
> firefox.exe -silent -nosplash -setDefaultBrowser
>

> On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 12:26:07PM -0400, Matt Miller wrote:
>> We've been using WPKG for a few months now. It's awesome.
>> One problem, we don't know how to make Firefox the default browser with
>> WPKG. I've pretty much determined that I'd have to change several
>> registry keys, which can be done, but will take a lot of smashing the
>> keybo-- err troubleshooting.
>>
>> Anyone know how do set Firefox as the default browser easily with WPKG?
>>

>> --
>> - Matt Miller -
>> Solutions for Progress
>> 728 South Broad Street