[wpkg-users] point&print drivers

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed Aug 8 09:53:24 CEST 2007

Dany Chouinard schrieb:

> Greeting everyone
>
> A quick question, I'm trying to run a script to preload printer driver
> on computers so I could add printer to user through the logon script.
> However, the wpkg service run as local computer account and therefore
> cannot access the domain printer drivers - I get prompted for domain
> account credential.
>
> I was wondering how you guys would handle the situation.

Hmm, no idea, I guess the easiest would be to change the user which
starts the WPKG service.

But it would be nice to have a good workaround for such cases if we
really want to run the service as SYSTEM.

1. Did you try "savecred" option in runas? It allows to save
credentials, so that the user (can be SYSTEM I guess, too) don't have to
type the password.

2. Are you sure the printer share can't be configured to be accessed by
a guest user (what's the domain controller OS you are running? if it's
Samba, I guess you have plenty of configuration options).

Let us know if you found a good solution.